Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Second-Chance Song for Wednesday

Last year, I downloaded The National's album Alligator from emusic. I listened once and was bored, so I never went back to it. I'm not usually crazy about Leonard Cohen-esque (non)singers, so I felt especially confident in my dislike. That didn't keep me from downloading the band's follow-up, Boxer. Wasn't crazy about it, either, but it recently popped up on my iTunes and I found myself warming to it. Now I kind of love it. This is the band performing "Fake Empire" on Letterman...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go back and listen to Mr. November

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mrs. White said...

Glad you gave it a second chance. I didn't particularly love Alligator either, but am totally smitten with Boxer. It's gorgeous.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Strath said...

I had the same first impression of both (bored). I will have to go back and listen again.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home