Monday, November 06, 2006

The Magic of Incompetence

I was going to go into more detail about this, but won't -- not because it's gross, but just because I still have some lingering shred of respect for the value of your time. But I'll say this: My toilet's been acting up, and I'm almost certain that I've found a way of fixing it that has nothing to do with an actual solution. It involves me tinkering with it in a completely (even creatively) ineffectual way and then -- this is where you'll have to trust me -- the toilet inexplicably curing itself out of what I could swear is pity.

I never thought I'd use the word toilet twice (now three times) in the same post, but hey, live and learn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Here's one quick reason why I enjoy this blog: A thoughtful and insightful post titled 'Haggard and the American Mind' follows a posting about your toilet taking pity on you.

A variety of topics are covered at ASWOBA and your personality and prose make me interested in all of them.

I'm very happy that your toilet is now being more cooperative.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home