Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Time

I don't write much about politics here because political discussions in this country tend to have all the depth and sense of a symposium on America's Next Top Model. But tomorrow's the big day for everyone's favorite sport, Hating the Other Side and Calling it a Thought.

One of the only reasonable things I've seen written about the whole shebang is here:
People in power simply can’t be trusted.

If we’re going to have a Republican executive branch, we need a Democratic legislature to hold its feet to the fire. And vice-versa.

So on Tuesday, I’m neither voting Democratic or Republican. I’m voting for the oldest party in the republic. Its name never appears on the ballot, but it’s always there and it has always served us well.

Divided government.
Sounds good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home