Monday, June 25, 2007

"It's Been a Long, a Long Time Comin', But I Know...

...a change gonna come. Oh, yes it will."

Sam Cooke, ladies and gentlemen.

June has been embarrassingly light around here. I know your money is hard-earned, and I hate to take it for so little in return.

Wait...what?

But the lightness is partly excused, I hope, by the intrusion of Massive Life Events. At the end of this week, to name one such M.L.E., I leave my current job, a steady source of camaraderie and income for more than six years now. For July and perhaps even part of August, I'm going to do the kind of notably spineless travel for which I'm renowned (this will involve a week upstate and perhaps a couple of weeks in Texas) and hopefully some productive writing as well. Productive, in this case, meaning a good deal other than blogging. But blogging will be part of it.

Come September (or sooner), it will be back to employment of some gainful type. Whether this will be in the industry to which I've become accustomed, we shall see. Whether this will be in Gotham, in the Hudson Valley, in Austin, or in Iceland, who really knows? As an acquaintance said the other night, I am "at loose ends." True enough. But they're loose ends at which I'm happy to have arrived, and from which I think good things will happen. In the meantime, if posts around here take on a more searching tone, I hope you'll forgive me. Sometimes a guy's gotta search.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you find what you're looking for and I hope it's really awesome. Give us a call if you land in Austin.

-Shannon

3:43 PM  
Blogger Nathan said...

Best of luck as you open a new chapter of your life.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well. I have been away from the blog for too long! Now at long last, perhaps I can lure you to Austin. You must at least give me the opportunity to show you so much of the town you haven't seen yet. Congratulations on taking the plunge.
And I've been away so long that I've forgotten my password (which is being emailed to me at work) so I'm "anonymously" Laurie

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home