Saturday, August 12, 2006

Recognizable View

Andrew Sullivan has thankfully kept up his "View From Your Window" series. Remarkably, I named the location of today's entry in my head before I even saw it written beneath. I spent many years in Plano, and one of the most consistent criticisms leveled against it is how perfectly it represents the prefabricated, McMansion, high-end strip mall, office park aesthetic that's so rampant these days. All of which is pretty true, so I wouldn't have guessed it would be so easy to identify it, immediately differentiating it from other similar 'burbs. I guess it has a singular character after all, even if it's a bit...well, look at the picture.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like far North Plano...almost up near Frisco. I know I've seen that before. And hope to never see it again.

--Kraig

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home