Monday, February 27, 2006

Three Things to Look Forward to in March

1. March 10: The exhibition Klee and America opens at the Neue Galerie in New York. Here's a description of the show from the Menil Collection in Houston (a beautiful museum), which has it later in the year but is currently doing a better web-based job of promoting it. Paul Klee is my favorite painter, and here are two examples of his work:




2. March 21: Josh Rouse releases Subtitulo. Rouse is an underrated singer-songwriter. His album Under Cold Blue Stars from a few years ago is one of the best of its kind. This is his latest, and my sister swears by a couple of tracks she heard previewed on NPR the other day. I can't access those because my computer is the spawn of the devil. (If you're an iTunes freak like me and want to check out Rouse, I recommend the songs "Feeling No Pain," "Directions," "Women and Men," and "Dressed Up Like Nebraska.")

3. March 30:
My fantasy baseball draft in Dallas (I'll be participating by telephone). I start preparing in earnest in a couple of days, if I know what's good for me. OK, this isn't something for the rest of you to look forward to, but it is my blog, after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home