Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Pale, Pale Copy

I never went through the obsessive Led Zeppelin phase that probably 95% of guys do, but I like them enough, and I love the song "Tangerine." So I looked for it on iTunes just now, and they only have a cover version of it done by...Great White. On a Disappointment Scale of 1 to 10, even for a lukewarm Zeppelin follower like myself, that's got to be a 47.

Everyone knows Great White because of the tragic fire at one of their shows a few years back, but did you know they also once started a bizarre desert-based militia that hoarded traffic signs? Seriously. Check it out:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JW: I'm not a guy, but I went through a long and intense Zeppelin phase, and although I got rid of all my vinyl (which had these obscure phrases -- studio inside jokes, I think -- etched in the smooth half-inch near the center), I recently revisited the old obsession long enough to get at least a few CDs. So please, for the love of God, stay away from the Great White, and I'll see if I have "Tangerine" for you.

1:08 PM  
Blogger JMW said...

"Dezmond," stop it. You must be having a slow day at work. No ambulances to chase or something. I listened to the 30 seconds that were available on iTunes, and I honestly didn't realize why I did until just now -- I must have subconsciously known you would pull this stunt. Anyway, their version is terrible. Their singer is just awful. His voice is flatter than a Kansas highway.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home