Friday, April 10, 2009

Pelosi and Reid May Be Hacks, But the Other Side is Getting Out of Hand

I think that Glenn Beck is clinically insane. If this clip was from some cable-access show of a guy in his basement, that would be fine with me. Grab a camcorder and just lose your last screw. Cool. But millions of people watch this? People with jobs and college degrees?

The list of Scary Things About This is long. But the list of Frustrating Things is even longer. For instance, near the end he says that all he wants is "common sense"?!?! WHAT? That we can disagree on policy, but let's not get all crazy?? Too late, Glenn. The horses left your crazy barn a long time ago, and I think they trampled you on the way out.

(Per the headline of this post, it's not like I'm thrilled with the Democrats. See here for a case study in unending ineffectiveness.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kraig Smith said...

I just don't believe Beck. I think he's mostly insincere. He's a showman out for ratings--and it's working. I'd also like to think that a good chunk of his audience watches it for the trainwreck that it is, not the information he offers. For me to believe otherwise is just too damn terrifying.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I know about Glenn Beck is that a) he's a conservative, b) he "wrote" a book about a friggin sweater and c) whenever an author appears on his show, a lot of that author's books get sold.

I agree with you Kraig, Beck is definitely tweaking his message to get ratings and moolah. Unfortunately, most people are STUPID and therefore repeat what he says as if it is true and right.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pelosi has some serious mental issues. I don't care what topic the woman speaks about is, she's just nuts. I believe she is in the early stages of alzheimers. The fact that the people of California voted for her explains why that state is in the position it's in today. Idiots voting for morons who are unstable. Genius!

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home