Sunday, January 07, 2007

Five Songs, Chapter Seventeen

“Tuesday Morning” by the Pogues

Not sure I get the appeal of classic Pogues stuff, so even though it’s probably heretical to say it, this is my favorite song of theirs.

“Borderline” by Madonna

I was driving with some friends to D.C. last year, and I was playing DJ with the iPod of one of the friends. She had several Madonna songs on it. I played this, and she said, “Why do guys always like Borderline most of all Madonna songs? It never fails.” I can’t answer that question (the lab results aren’t back yet), but figured I would mention the exchange. It's true that it's my favorite song of hers, and that I can only stand about four others.

“Rock Me On the Water” by Linda Ronstadt

Filled with 1970s goodness.

“Acoustic Guitar” by Magnetic Fields

Love the whole song, but particularly the line “Acoustic guitar, if you think I play hard, well, you could have belonged to Steve Earle.”

“Hard-core Troubadour” by Steve Earle

Yeah, this could be you, acoustic guitar. So shut up and be grateful.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home