Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A Change of Schedule

There is a lot on the plate right now. My plate is full. In fact, some of the more gelatinous items are spilling over the side. OK, that's a metaphorical image too far. Sorry.

The point is, my trusted board of advisers (they're not paid anything; it's all prestige) has recommended that I make some tough scheduling decisions. I could never close down the blog, because I've become attached to it, the way some people feel about their cats or their spouses (I've always felt kind of icky about...living things). But I think I'm going to start posting in two bursts a week -- if you want to set your atomic clocks, I'll probably start with Wednesday and Sunday nights (meaning, since most of you probably read this to kill time at "work," that Monday and Thursday will be the days to check in).

I doubt my ability to be patient, so I'll see how long this lasts before I come across a video of, say, a mascot fight, and feel the need to post it immediately. See, here I go now:



This blog, sadly, is one of the only things I approach with a strict sense of discipline, so I'm not sure how I'll react to a new plan. The important thing is (as you all breathe a deep sigh of relief), this won't affect the overall amount of content on the blog (if what I sling up here can be described as content). For instance, I have some things saved up to post tonight, when the experiment will begin in earnest.

See you then...

(Mascot video via Deadspin, with a tip o' the cap to JF.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are ruining my lunch time routine you jackhole

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am sad about the fact that I won't be getting my ASWOBA fix as often. I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting my money's worth.

But what really bugs me is that even after the hawk's papier mache head came off, and even after he started trying to fight the ram dude, he kept flapping his faux wings. Why keep it up? Is there really anyone out there that's thrilled with his school spirit? Is it some kind of nervous tic that blends into his hawk mascot?

Mascot fights are fascinating.

-- Comish

6:40 PM  
Blogger JMW said...

I'm not going anywhere. Just cramming the same number (hopefully) of posts into two nights, instead of five or six.

I love how he keeps flapping his wings.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home