Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Here's Where Leeroy Goes Berserk

Let's just say that years have started better, so when I got home last night in desperate need of a laugh, someone must have been watching over me -- this clip from ifilm is one of the funniest things I've ever seen (and heard). You might have to watch a short ad to see it, and it's almost three minutes long. But trust me, it's worth it. The site succinctly describes it this way: "An overly enthusiastic gamer goes full force and pisses off the rest of his team."

It comes from ifilm's list of the year's best clips, which includes other things worth seeing (including the reimagined trailer for The Shining, which I had heard about but never seen), but nothing near as good as Leeroy here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Shining revisted was posted on the BMC - nice to know you read it a-hole.

Why do you choose to hurt me so?

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Leeroy Jenkins thing, but the "Boom Goes the Dynamite" kid is unbelievable. If you're wondering what it looks like when I start "working my magic" with the ladies, it's like a combination of "Boom goes the dynamite" and this student weatherman:

http://gorillamask.net/videoweatherman2.shtml

The best result I've had so far was one time when I passed out midway through "the magic" and a woman was considerate enough to dial 911 on my cell phone before stepping over my body and returning to her friends. So that was nice.

-- The Comish (sic)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to burst your bubble but the Leeroy video is a spoof of the aholes that play those games. The Palz for Life guild created it to make fun of the other guys and not Leeroy.

Yes, I know entirely too much about this. :(

2:00 AM  
Blogger JMW said...

That sucks. I have to say, though, I don't think that makes it much less funny. If it's a spoof, it's still brilliantly performed. But as always, Dread Pirate, you've eroded a bit more of my faith in, trust of, and hope for the world. Thanks.

9:44 AM  
Blogger JMW said...

Can't believe I'm posting on this AGAIN, and without a prompt even, but I just want to say: I was laughing at least as hard at the other guys initially. Leeroy's only funny in the way he enters the room, but everything else about it is funny because of the other guys, no question. In other words: Well done, "Palz for Life guild," whoever or whatever you are.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home