Friday, November 07, 2008

Ellipses

A belated congratulations to my friend TK, who ran last weekend's New York City Marathon and finished it in 3:54 and change, shaving 42 minutes off her personal best. Amazing. She writes the lively running blog Pigtails Flying. . . . Speaking of my friends, Jon Fasman, oft-mentioned around here lately, wrote a terrific piece for the New York Times about Saul Bellow and Chicago. . . . A terrible loss for the world of letters with the passing of critic John Leonard. I saw him give an inspiring speech at an awards ceremony a couple of years back. The text can be found here. . . . The increasingly indispensable Quiz Law keeps us up to date on the insane, entertaining world of litigation. Here, we see the very practical execution of one divorce in Cambodia. . . . Lastly -- and let me apologize ahead of time -- my friends at Pajiba linked to yesterday's post about the snake-and-frog battle, and a reader in the comments one-upped me. I say this with all the earnestness I can muster: Do NOT click on this link if you have even a trace of arachnophobia. I mean, if you're one-thirty-second arachnophobic on your mom's side, for the love of all that's decent, don't click on this link. The article claims that the photo is real -- if it is, may God have mercy on our souls.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To TK: That is F-ING FANTASTIC! I stand in awe!!!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Kraig Smith said...

Damnit, I clicked on the link. Why did you warn me to not click on the link!?!?

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Sweet Jaydub, thank you for the public congratulations! And PF, thank you too. Everyone, stop by Pigtails Flying and read my race report, it'll make you laugh & cry, I promise.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home