Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ellipses

I'm very jealous of my friends Strath and Emily, who are slowly making their way across the country from New York to Seattle. Strath's been posting a lot of great photos from the road on his excellent blog, Pacific Standard. . . . On this site, you can check the electoral maps for past years. Click on 1932 and 1984 for two polar-opposite visual experiences. . . . This blogger generously takes us along with him for a wild taxi ride. Watching the video is getting all of the charming zaniness with none of the near-death experience. . . . I love Ralph Stanley's radio ad for Obama for several reasons, perhaps most for the way he says Virginyee near the end. And I don't mean that in a coastal elite way. I really want Stanley to release an audio book of bedtime stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home