Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Just putting on the costume, walking around and waving, isn’t enough."

I think you'll find this instructional video very helpful. With the declining economy, one never knows when one will be forced into the mascot industry, an industry that, as John Maynard Keynes emphasized time and again, never slumps. This guide, produced, I'm guessing, in 1983 or so, was sent to me by a friend -- another JW -- who always keeps his eye out for solid mascot material for me. It includes quotes like, "Some kids are a little hesitant about letting Chuck E. touch them."

Smart kids.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only got three minutes into this. Couldn't decide whether it was hilarious or existentially terrifying, but I felt weirdly on the verge of tears.

It did, however, remind me that I have to start thinking about what the Peanut should don for Halloween this year. Thoughts?

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home