Thursday, June 26, 2008

Phair at "15"

In honor of the 15th anniversary of Exile in Guyville, someone near and dear to this blog interviewed Liz Phair for Elle magazine. A taste:
ELLE: Do you have any advice to give to the Liz Phair who made that record?
LP: I wish I could pour compassion and perspective into the person who made that record, because she was so clearly in pain. If I could just tell myself, “It’s gonna be okay, and you need to stop running away from the stuff that you’re scared of.”

ELLE: Is there any advice that she could give you now?
LP: [Laughs] Uh, yeah! It would be: Wake up! What Guyville teaches me right now, what I’m trying to take into new record, is that the biggest gift you can give the world is to share what truly happens to you, what really hurts, what’s really embarrassing. That’s the thing that Guyville had in spades that I got away from.
Read the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home