Monday, June 23, 2008

"The kid who swallows too many marbles doesn't grow up to have kids of his own."

George Carlin died.

I think that's how he would say it. During his classic rant about softened language (which you can see it in its entirety here), he said:
Thanks to our fear of death in this country, I won't have to die. I'll "pass away." Or I'll "expire," like a magazine subscription. If it happens in the hospital, they'll call it a "terminal episode." The insurance company will refer to it as "negative patient care outcome."
So instead of saying "rest in peace," since Carlin will be very disappointed in his powers of prediction if he's resting in peace (it's worm food for him), I'll just share the clip below. It's one of my favorites:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worm food seems appropriate...disgusting and
not the least bit funny!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home