Monday, June 23, 2008

The Ad Game

The cover story about "Mad Men" in yesterday's New York Times Magazine generated more conversation (around me, anyway) than I would have predicted. I haven't seen the show, so I have to withhold final judgment.

At one point, the author asks old-timers in the advertising game about the show's accuracy. This short paragraph made me want to read the memoir:
But the way Jerry Della Femina remembers it, that’s not far off. He now owns his sixth agency, Della Femina Rothschild Jeary & Partners, and wrote a best-selling account of his early advertising career in 1970. Its title was his proposed slogan for the Japanese-owned Panasonic account when he was creative director at Ted Bates: “From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love Mad Men and really enjoyed this piece

9:48 AM  
Blogger lmha said...

You MUST watch Mad Men. It is one of my favorite shows.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home