Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gonna Need a Bigger Blogroll

If blogs benefit from strong opinions and an indefatigable desire to express them, then no one is better suited for a blog than my friend Dezmond (not his real name). Now, he has one. Christened after a scene from his favorite movie, Jaws, it's called Gonna Need a Bigger Boat.

So far, he has posted lengthy, passionate defenses of John McCain and The Kinks (that's not a crazy new band; they're separate posts), which combination gives you a good early idea of Dezmond's singularity. Early readers of ASWOBA may remember him from the first year or so of my blog, when he was a frequent, verbose commenter, contributing such gems as:
I always liked "O My God" by The Police, but that is definitely not a spiritual uplifter. A perfect example of Sting hubris, though. He is lonely in his life, and demands to God that He fill Sting's life with meaning by bringing him a good piece of tail.
When I posted a list of my favorite things from 2005, Dezmond responded with:
Ha Ha!! You have now opened the door! I was awaiting some sort of Best of 2005 posting, so then I could give you my own purely objective best of lists for the year as well.
Following that he posted three separate comments totaling 1,700 words.

I would write a longer post about Dezmond and his truly extraordinary ways, but it would be much longer. Perhaps I'll save it for the day of his blog's first anniversary. You know, let's make him prove it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dezmond said...

I appreciate the plug for my new blog, jmw. GNABB would not exist without the inspiration of ASWOBA.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home