Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Deep Breath

That post below may have been overheated. It was a way to vent about the negative aspects of last night. On the positive side, I think Obama's chances remain strong. The fact is, coming that close to Hillary in NH still represents a bounce from Iowa. And I do think that the large contingent of independents felt, thanks partly to media overhype, that McCain needed their help more than Obama did (that's the downside of a "wave"...'other people are voting for him, so he doesn't need me.')

And I want to make it clear. My argument against the media (in this particular case) is not that it's biased toward anyone or anything. It's just that it's aggressively dumb.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Don't apologize. I echo your thoughts, but lack the ability to communicate them as eloquently as you did.

Ugh is right.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And triple ugh. Someone should check on Tim Russert—his face was magenta by the time I turned the TV off. Brian Williams was looking at him like 'Dude it's not THAT surprising, and please stop spitting on me when you talk.'

Also, The Wire as favorite TV show should be a requirement for any democratic candidate. Sheeeeit.

And finally, it will be interesting to see what happens if Edwards drops out.

That is all.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Seriously, don't apologize.

I hate myself a little for having to root against the first viable woman candidate for the presidency, but I am - actively. She's just gross. There were many 'ughs' at our house as well. Except for the 'Yay McCain' parts.

My favorite part of the evening was when a very overheated Chris Matthews was speaking with Tom Brokaw and said "Our polling was completely wrong! What can we do?" and Brokaw very calmly said "I don't know, wait for people to make up their own minds on election day?" Point Brokaw.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home