Saturday, November 03, 2007

Mike Falls to the Ground

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, who has said that he doesn't believe in biological evolution:
Oh, I believe in science. I certainly do. In fact, what I believe in is, I believe in God. I don't think there's a conflict between the two. But if there's going to be a conflict, science changes with every generation and with new discoveries and God doesn't. So I'll stick with God if the two are in conflict.
St. Augustine, sixteen centuries ago:
If we come to read anything in Holy Scripture that is in keeping with the faith in which we are steeped, capable of several meanings, we must not by obstinately rushing in, so commit ourselves to any one of them that, when perhaps the truth is more thoroughly investigated, it rightly falls to the ground and we with it.
(Via Reason)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home