Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And Don't Have Any Chicks Yourself

Just to round out Philip Larkin Day around here (pardon the pun), this funny two-panel comic:


Which refers, as I hope you know, to this classic. The person responsible for the cartoon, Greg Stekelman, has a wistful piece up at normblog today about how difficult it is to choose books that have knocked him for a loop as an adult:
So much serious literature has washed over me, leaving shrugs and weak smiles and tempered admiration. Last month I read Erasure by Percival Everett, which was an enjoyable enough read, but I couldn't tell you the protagonist's name - and yet I can still vividly remember Will Stanton, the central character of a series of fantasy books written by Susan Cooper that I read in the 1980s.
I've got an essay of my own in that series Norm is running -- TK, as they say in the biz.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may or may not be surprised to know that I read your blog with some frequency. Other than your outpost, I am neither a reader, nor a writer of blogs. This may, in fact, be the last and only post I ever make to a blog but...

That egg looks just like you. Seriously, if someone asked me to draw an egg and make it look like John Williams, it would be exactly that extremely handsome egg. Weird.

11:40 AM  
Blogger JMW said...

I suppose it surprises me a little, but only in the most pleasant way. As for this being your only comment on any blog, ever, you pick your spots well. This might be my favorite comment ever left here. Definitely top three.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home