Monday, September 10, 2007

Living at the Gym, Literally

Gilbert Arenas is a phenomenally talented pro basketball player, and the keeper of a notoriously quirky and revealing blog. I don't really keep up with it, but I suppose one recent post about a disagreement he had with his girlfriend (about the messy state of a car) is a classic example:
I think all men should do this when they have a disagreement. This is Relationship 101. When you have a fight with "the other," don’t answer their calls and don't answer their pages. That usually gets the point across that you're not talking to them. So, I held out for seven days. I went on strike for seven days and stayed at the gym for seven days. I slept in the gym. They got nice couches in there and it just kept me in the gym working on my knee and stuff.

So, back to the EA event, I didn't have a passport or driver's license to actually go to Canada because I was on strike and I didn't want to go back to the house because she kicked me out. She kicked me out of the car on a Sunday, I had to wait till the following Sunday to talk to her again. Now we're good. She just got her car registered two days ago, we're waiting on that to be finalized but my dad's car still looks like trash day.

You know, it's "the life." Everybody thinks we have easy lives, but hey, if you don't want to argue and you don't want to fight, take the high road and sleep in a gym.
OK, I'm browsing more of the blog because of this, and I can't believe I don't read it more regularly. I had heard a lot about it, but experiencing it for myself seems wise. It's on the blogroll now, in fact.

(From my friend NT, via my friend the Good Doctor)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home