Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tourney Time, Part Two

(This video has, tragically, been taken down off YouTube. I imagine the parents didn't realize that thousands of people would be watching it and making snarky comments about their son. This is really too bad, as the kid is adorable, and the clip is truly one of the funniest things I've ever seen.)

This, via Deadspin, is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Honestly, I've watched it a half dozen times now, and I'm laughing harder every time. It's a little boy being told by his mother, a North Carolina fan, that her beloved Tar Heels beat the North Carolina State Wolfpack -- the favorite team of his father, and clearly the kid takes after Dad. I don't know what's funnier/sadder -- trying to determine the odds of this kid making it to his 19th birthday without appearing on COPS, or trying to figure out the very miniscule ways that my reaction will be different from his if and when the Heels are eliminated from the upcoming tournament.

Turn up the volume so you can hear the parents, who are easy to understand. The kid's mostly talking gibberish, but stick around for the end, when he clearly reminds his mother that the Wolfpack "killed the Tar Heels" in a previous game this year, and raises his finger -- I've said this a million times before, but children are hilarious. Enjoy:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home