Thursday, March 22, 2007

Arson Report/Great Name Report

So, a gay club in my former neck of the woods (or, about 30 miles northwest of my former neck of the woods) was burned down. Seems an obvious candidate for a "hate crime" (that phrase has always seemed well-meaning but ultimately pointless to me -- if a person beats up someone of the same ethnicity or sexual orientation, is it a "love crime"?), but the owner of the place said she's never had problems. Anyway, that's all for the cops to determine. I just wanted to point out the incredible name of the establishment: Mable Peabody's Beauty Parlor and Chainsaw Repair.

Can anybody top that? (Fictional names won't count.)

(Via The Stranger)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure this tops it, but there's a place in Newmarket, New Hampshire, named Marelli's Fruit and Real Estate.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one does not top yours but does make me chuckle every time I drive by - there is a dog groomer in Pearland, Texas named "Doggie Styles."

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home