Friday, September 15, 2006

Please Make it Stop

If Katie Couric started a blog, imagine how vapid it would be. Are you imagining a level of vapidity? Good. Now, triple it.
Visiting the White House is always a humbling experience. I’m always in awe of the history those walls have witnessed. And I was impressed by the respect President Bush has for the place. He even told one of our producers “Straighten your tie, young man. You’re in the White House.” I loved that.

Needless to say, it was what we call in the business, a crash. (That means there was very little time to put the interview together!)
And here's a great moment on the comments board of the blog. A viewer writes (if "writes" isn't too strong a word):
I ENJOY THE WAY YOU PRESENT THE NEWS HOWEVER ITHINK THAT IS A LACK OF RESPECT TO SEAT ON THE DESK. I AM TRYING TO TEACH MY CHILDRENS GOOD MANNERS.
(Via Pop Candy)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't CBS have hired Pauly Shore instead? He can't be doing anything.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Then he turned to me and said, 'My, my! You're all grown up! Now, are you Mary-Kate, or Ashley?'"

3:24 PM  
Blogger lmha said...

Geez, you people are cynical. I like Katie Couric. So shoot me. And she's the ONLY woman to ever hold the anchor position without a co-anchor. I read her blog. I didn't find it to be totally vapid. I thought it was just what it was--the personal reflections of a person starting a new job. What should her blog be? A commentary on politics? Isn't there enough of that on the internet? I say, Yay Cute People.

9:41 PM  
Blogger JMW said...

Oh, Laurie. Cynical??

I just wish the ONLY woman to ever hold the position could write at something higher than a third-grade level. I don't think she's been much better on air. I've never had a thing against cute people, but I really can't stand Couric -- couldn't even stand her on the Today show, which (ostensibly) requires much less gravitas. Anyway, we'll agree to disagree, eh?

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home