Friday, June 23, 2006

Maintaining a Vow, Barely

I’ve made promises –- to myself, to my readers, and to various human rights commissions –- to never post fiction of mine on this blog. Well, not to get all lawyerly on you, but I never promised that it wouldn’t appear on someone else’s blog. Norm Geras is soliciting short-short stories of 250 words or less, and he was kind enough to post my submission, which is a highly condensed piece of a larger thing I've been not working on.

Enjoy, if that’s the appropriate word.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy am I glad my forehead does not jut forward like a visor.
-- Tavia

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carter=Rocky? "Julie, sweetheart, it's Rocky. Is your daddy home?" A real family man. Rocky, that is. I think he drove his wife mad (literally). Dad, on the other hand, WAS a family man. But also liked to place an occasional bet (or a dozen) on Sundays after church...hee. :-) Eagerly anticipating the "longer piece" so stop "not working" on it.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home