Wednesday, May 10, 2006

AP Long Lost Headline of the Day

A couple of years ago, I briefly attempted to maintain a blog about sports, and it was there that I established my reliance on AP headlines to keep people entertained. ("People" in this case meaning far fewer than it even means now, if you can imagine. Four, I think. And of course I'm not going to link to the site, which still exists out there if you're sick enough to care.) Anyway, there was one headline that really deserves to be resurrected for my new, larger audience. (Fourteen, maybe?) So, I'll just repost the entire thing, with my original commentary, immediately below. Enjoy.

Cops Seize 756 Pounds of Smuggled Bologna

The brief story that follows doesn't disappoint, either, describing how the bologna was "arranged into the shape of a car seat and covered with blankets in a man's pickup."

The war on drugs might be misguided, the war on terrorism might be futile, but it seems we're finally making headway in the war on deli meats.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the link since Powder is so damned lazy: http://ridingthepine.blogspot.com/

2:02 AM  
Blogger JMW said...

Not lazy. Ashamed. That's different.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home