Thursday, March 16, 2006

Too Emotionally Invested in Brackets

Syracuse, showing little respect for itself and even less for the many brackets I entered in various pools, is about to lose to Texas A&M. Pathetic.

I should've seen this coming (The Gambler's Lament). I knew Syracuse was vulnerable, I just didn't think A&M was capable of taking advantage of that. (I have negative feelings about A&M that are stronger than they should be; one of the many hazards of spending formative years in the state of Texas.) I was complaining to a friend the other night that, if the NCAA selection committee is serious about respecting mid-size conferences, then how the hell can a team clearly "on the bubble" a week ago, which Syracuse was, be a 5 seed just because they win a major-conference tournament? Sure, they would have deserved to be invited even without winning the whole Big East shebang last weekend, but why not make them a 9 or 10 seed to reflect their overall mediocrity this season?

OK, I realize that almost all of you tuned out this post. There's stuff about books and exercise below, so please move forward in an orderly fashion if those subjects appeal to you. Just know that I'm going to have to vent occasionally as the tournament progresses. In the beginning, I had flirted with the idea of making this primarily a sports blog, so just be thankful I settled on "occasionally."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I bought Syracuse in an auction. I thought I was getting a steal. And now to see them lose to A&M is like being dumped by my girlfriend ... because she's started dating a part time magician who looks like one of the kids on Growing Up Gotti.

-- Comish

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw those stuffs... It takes a good man to break down the merits of Hillary Clinton as a pres. candidate in one blog, review a book in the other, and then still be emotional about sports.

Keep up the occasional post about sports (or more than that if you choose...)

Plus,

Told you about A&M.... They're good.
But I also said Kansas would make a run, so what the hell do I know.

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home