Thursday, March 16, 2006

Four Dolls, One Without a Body

Courtesy of Bad Movie Club, who got it from Gorilla Mask, here's the climactic scene of Seven (sorry, Se7en), played out by stuffed animals (and one alien-looking thing). It's pretty funny, and it reminded me of what I hated about that scene -- Morgan Freeman's insistence that if Brad Pitt shoots Kevin Spacey, then Spacey "will win." This is the nadir of that line of thinking. I mean, tell him not to shoot him because he'll never be the same, or because he'll be punished for it, but not because Spacey "will win." He had just beheaded Pitt's wife. That's sort of game-set-match already, isn't it? (I know, I know -- it's because in killing him, he'll have completed his "cycle of sins" or whatever, but still. Go with me here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The alien looking thing is a Boobah - more insipid than a teletubbie and the bane of parental existence everywhere - google them - they are simply horrific.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home