Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An Addition to My Esteemed Blogroll

Came across this great blog today by a screenwriter named Josh Friedman. According to my cursory web research, he co-wrote the script for last year's War of the Worlds (one of the better big-budget movies I've seen in a while; I'll let you decide the exact degree to which that's damning with faint praise, but I enjoyed it).

He writes about his life in L.A., being a writer ("monkey") there and dealing with movie executives ("zookeepers"). There's even a post both moving and very funny about his recent bout with cancer. Also, rewarding metaphorical treatments of dog poop.

Unlike whatever gossip hacks you're currently toggling between while avoiding your in box, Friedman seems to write at decent length, which means you may have to adjust your attention span. It's worth it.

(Via TMF,TML.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home