Sunday, February 12, 2006

Five Questions About the Olympics

1. Will someone be kind enough to wake me when they’re over?

2. Was there a time when they were legitimately exciting, or did I just feel that way up to 1988 or so because I was young and even more gullible than I am now, if that's possible?

3. Is there a single person who thinks the addition of professional players improved the enterprise?

4. Was Mary Lou Retton cute? I remember having posters of her on my wall in 1984, right next to those of Kristy McNichol, but the other day a friend pulled up a picture of her from that time, and lord, not so good.

5. Really, anyone else think she was cute at the time? You're among friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Sure
2. No
3. Only homosexuals and midgets - especially homosexual midgets.
4. Well she aint' Swoozie Kurtz but she had her moments. 1984 was kind to no man.
5. Yeah but then again I had a thing for that chick from Alf.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home