Thursday, September 02, 2010

Party Like It's 2002

My friend TK, who helms the excellent running (and general life) blog Pigtails Flying, has "tagged" me with a "meme." This seems very 2002. But I clearly need any excuse to kick-start this puppy, so thank you, TK. Here are the rules:
1. Answer this question: if you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
2. The second thing you have to do is, pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award. [I'm going to pick 3 people, because I'm lazy. Also, I'm not sure why this is called an award.]
3. The third and final thing is, thank the person who gave you the award.
So:

1. I don't think I would go back and change anything. That speaks, I suppose, to having led a pretty lucky life, overall, but it's also a philosophical stance of mine -- you never know what changing one thing would change further down the path. Are there decisions about which I wonder, What if? Of course. What if I had gone to college in the northeast instead of in Texas? What if I had stayed in Texas in 2000 instead of moving to New York? What if I had left Texas, but moved to Boston instead of New York? What if I had or hadn't ended certain relationships at certain points in time? What if I had gone to law school? What if I decided to put away childish things? Etc.

2. "Dez," ANCIANT, and Miles, consider yourselves on the hot seat.

3. A heartfelt thanks to TK for giving me this "award." TK is a generous soul, a gifted communicator (as evidenced by her blog and other efforts), and she introduced me (or re-introduced me) to my girlfriend. So I have a lot to thank her for. Even if she won't drink with me anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WILL DRINK WITH YOU!! But first, I have to find my wallet... and Brooklyn... wait, what day is it??

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home