Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Auspicious Debuts

I'm currently (well, not this second) researching for a favorite movies list to complement my list of albums. More on that to come -- the whole enterprise will include some fun guest posts on the subject. I'm currently through "H" in the film guide I'm using to make (reasonably) sure that I don't miss anything.

Anyway, that's all in the future. For now, Time Out London offers its list of the 50 best directorial debuts. It includes several movies that will be on my list. Their #1 seems like a stretch to me -- it's a fascinating movie; sui generis, really, but there are better overall choices on the list.

At #32 is Bottle Rocket, which inspired me to find some clips of it online. I followed the Wes Anderson trail to clips of Jason Schwartzman's audition for Rushmore, which I share instead:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home