Thursday, August 20, 2009

He's Ready to Go

A conversation with a friend last year gets the credit or blame for this, but I've been listening to sports radio more in the past few months than I ever have. Usually in the mid-morning as I'm getting ready to settle into work. Sometimes I catch a bit of the afternoon show, which is hosted by Mike Francesa, who I would describe as a "quiet blowhard."

His theme song -- the reason for this post -- is incredible. Take a listen to it here.

My favorite part of this (and yes, it’s hard to choose) is the lyric, “he’ll get to the sports any way that he can.” Francesa’s job is to sit in a chair for five or six hours a day and talk about sports. But this lyric tells us he will not let some other task keep him from getting to the sports. It makes it sound like we should have no fear, that Francesa will find a way to segue from the election in Afghanistan to the American League pennant race. Phew.

One commenter said the song reminds them of a certain obscene number from Team America: World Police, and I agree.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kraig Smith said...

Totally in the unintentional spirit of Team America.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home