Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And, Aaand, Aaaaaaaand....

I watched O Brother, Where Art Thou? again the other night. It put me in the mood for old-timey-sounding music. (It also made me realize a big omission from this list I made a while ago: the scene toward the end, when the Soggy Bottom Boys sing "Man of Constant Sorrow" in the big hall. A great scene, carried along by Clooney's considerable charm.) So for Wednesday, here's Gillian Welch, David Rawlings, and Old Crow Medicine Show doing a version of the classic "The Weight":

3 Comments:

Blogger Dezmond said...

That's cool. For my money, though, you can't beat The Band doing it with The Staples in 'The Last Waltz'.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous lfw said...

love love love this song. and this is a very nice interpretation. thanks.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

I always think about that poor dog...

"What do you mean 'When he can?!'"

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home