Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Joan for Wednesday

Last weekend's experience at the Sharon Jones concert got me thinking about other great shows I've seen, and more specifically, great shows that snuck up on me. In one of my favorite posts on this here blog, I wrote (in part) about seeing Joan Osborne at a small club in Fort Worth. When I say I'm not a fan of hers, I don't mean to be critical. I just don't listen to her music, and I was barely aware of it when a friend and I went to see that show. But it's definitely one of the best I've ever seen (for reasons explained in that post). So, to honor it, here's Osborne singing the great "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted," backed by legendary Motown players The Funk Brothers. Enjoy:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Miles Doyle said...

have you ever seen the documentary this clip is taken from, "standing in the shadows of motown"? definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home