Thursday, April 10, 2008

Weather Report

When I went to bed last night, the wind outside sounded...unique. It sounded angry. The roof creaked. I kept looking outside my window to catch the action, but it always abated just when I peeked.

I woke up this morning to a blackout in the house, a sizable portion of a neighbor's tree fallen (partially on to Dad's roof), and lots of formerly vertical things (stop signs, flowers) suddenly horizontal. I think a twister or two touched down in the area around three in the morning. I'll have a couple of pics of the damage to share once I'm back in New York, where the weather never gets quite so treacherous.

Today is beautiful, though: Low 80's, crystal-clear sky, and a few cooling breezes left over from the storm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home