Monday, September 24, 2007

Oh, Enough

Who's more tiresome than Radiohead? This headline on Pitchfork today would be the straw that broke the camel's back, if the camel hadn't been snapped entirely in half about three years ago:
Radiohead Post Encrypted Messages on Website
When they're done encrypting, could they pick up a guitar or two? Because it's bad enough having to comb through whatever increasingly ambient nonsense they're recording in order to find the decent song or two -- do I really have to keep watching as they finally become embarrassing performance artists?

(I'm back from a weekend trip, and should have a bunch of stuff to post this week, beginning later tonight. Just needed to get this rant out first. Thanks.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God, thank you!
I was wondering what was going on. I haven't understood the whole Radiohead movement for a while now, yet it seems like everyone else in my generation got caught up in this crap. "Oh it's amazing, and so cutting edge!" No, it's crap. It's not even music, it's noise at this point. I'm glad to see I'm not alone...

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

F-ing Radiohead. A friend and I were discussing them just the other day. I believe my prediction was that the next album would feature a guy banging a stick on a wall and everyone would declare it genius! Hate!

-Shannon

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home