Monday, April 02, 2007

The Days Ahead

It's been a while since I've provided you with an unsolicited, uncared-for, probably wildly inaccurate preview of things that will soon appear in this humble space. So here I am.

Work is binding both my hands right now, and tickling me, and slapping me across the face, and teasing me about where I went to school. Plus, in the coming days, I have every intention of hammering away at the oft-spoken-of and rarely hammered-at "other writing projects." But barring some unforeseen catastrophe (oh, like doing my taxes; damn, forgot about that one), I should be passing the 1,000-post mark sometime around week's end. I have nothing special planned for it. If you have any requests, I'd love to hear them. In the absence of any great ideas, I thought I might just gather us all in a supermarket, drop some confetti, and give away a bundle or two of asparagus. Stay tuned for details.

As for that preview... here are some subjects I've recently been thinking about that might (and more likely, might not) show up sometime before that thousandth post: Weddings, Joan Didion, the midwest, inside jokes, string theory, Joan Didion, "obsessive-photography" projects, Dateline NBC's "To Catch a Predator" feature, and Joan Didion (I can almost guarantee there will be a post about her).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vote for didion. i vote against dateline, just because whenever i hear something about it, i inevitably get pissed off.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home