Saturday, June 03, 2006

Why I Should Read the Paper Rather than Watch TV Over Saturday Breakfast

In third grade, my friend Josh and I had a weekly meeting (in art class, I think) during which we feverishly recapped the most recent adventures on The A-Team. Thanks to a channel called "Sleuth TV," which I didn't know I had until this morning, I caught the beginning of an old episode. The built-in guide on the screen (the future is here!) described it thus:
A gang of toughs jeopardizes the team's reputation by posing as the four and terrorizing rodeo performers and spectators.
In the first few minutes, one of the phonies throws a rodeo worker to the ground. A pretty blonde rodeo woman comes to her colleague's aid, and kneeling next to him, looks up at the impostor and says, "I thought the A-Team was supposed to help people!"

Just thought I'd share that. Oh, and I felt bad for George Peppard in a way I didn't know to in the third grade, his having been in Breakfast at Tiffany's in 1961 and then, in 1983, chewing on a cigar and feeding lines to Mr. T.

1 Comments:

Blogger JMW said...

You are one crazy crack-smoker.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home