Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blame Eyjafjallajokull


The volcano did it. The volcano kept me from blogging all this time.

Wait, what?

OK, the volcano didn't do that. It's kind of amazing what it did do, though. You know, shutting down the planet and all. Take that, globalization. (More incredible photos of it here and here.) By the way, how come some crackpot preacher hasn't yet attributed this volcano to God hating gay people? Or have they, and I just missed it? Or maybe the volcano itself hates gay people? Or God hates that gays are allowed to do so much international traveling. Maybe that's it. I'm just saying, there has to be some kind of reasonable explanation for this.

In the meantime, I'm back from a few days of total silence brought on by: employment search, gray moods, and stomach distress. How all those things are related I'll leave up to future generations.

When I recently wondered about the future of this blog, a loyal commenter wrote, "You will be missed." Well, geez, I thought. Bit of a preview of my own funeral, eh? Plus, I haven't closed up shop yet. There might even be a Rumsfeld-ian surge in coming days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous philosoraptor said...

Well, not all women are gay, but many gay men are treated as effeminate and are accused of having a sexually promiscuous "lifestyle". So, maybe this cleric's explanation provides the causal link between gayness and volcanic eruption that you asked about.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home