Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Introducing...

Today I’m very happy -- thrilled -- to introduce you to The Second Pass. It’s a site devoted to books, new and old, that I’ve just launched with the help of some fine contributors. My friend Strath designed the site, and whatever you think of the content, I think we can all agree that it looks fantastic. This is because Strath is an evil genius, without the evil part. I also have to thank Jennifer Maas, who's a new friend. She developed the site, which means she did the stuff that I couldn't do with a hundred years of training to actually make the thing.

Like I said before, A Special Way of Being Afraid will continue more or less as is (international sigh of relief). Among other reasons for this blog's continued existence, The Second Pass likely won't be home to AP headlines about people getting pepper-sprayed, mascots straining their groins, or -- last but most critically -- Hall & Oates. But, this week around here will be very light -- maybe just the usual song on Wednesday (or Thursday), and then another reminder, so it’s at the top, to go visit the new site.

If you enjoy this blog, it would mean a lot to me if you give The Second Pass a chance, and if you would pass it along to anyone you think might enjoy it. Unlike ASWOBA, this new project will come to require a certain amount of traffic to continue existing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kraig Smith said...

I'm sure it's nothing more than freak coincidence, not some ominous and foreboding sign of things to come, but the first time I clicked through to the new site, it crashed my browser. Aside from THAT, it looks great. I can't wait to dive in when I return from my trip to Texas. Congrats, John.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUZZAH! Looks great, JW (et al.)! Great reviews, too. Thoroughly impressive. Congratulations!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home