Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ellipses

Perhaps proclamations about the death of literacy, like the one I pointed to earlier this week, are a bit hasty. We'll see. . . . Speaking of literacy, there's at least one really good reason to be excited about 2009: A forthcoming novel from Lorrie Moore. . . . This idea looks like the birth of real innovation, and a small glimpse of what the world might become, if we're lucky. . . . Lastly, if you ever need a pick-me-up, keep this link handy. I give you the Blue-footed Booby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Carlson said...

Thanks for winkling out for me another fun blog.
Boobies Rule.
I check into your site and others every day -- a morning ritual which makes me feel "socially engaged"
-- getting views out other people's windows and thoughts.

Today, where I am, it is chilly: -30C
Car tires go flat on their bottoms overnight.
Snow squeaks when you walk on it.
White steam plumes, from heat sources, rise slowly as if heavy.
Lacy frost covers all the windows.
And radios can pick up faint voices from the beyond.

Greetings from Ottawa, Canada
the winter half of North America.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home