Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"What do you mean somethin' funky is goin' down, man?"

Since I haven't had time for other posts today, I'll save them for tomorrow and give you the Wednesday song a day ahead of time instead. Deal?

This is Marvin Gaye doing "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 1980. This version is most notable for the dramatic reenactment that precedes the song. Oh, and try to catch the brief sighting of the tambourine player starting around the 2:57 mark; he's pretty great, too. Enjoy:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Thank you for reminding me about the greatness of this song.

The opposite of the tambourine man is the white trumpet player, starting at 4:10.

It's a shame that every time I think of this song I think about dancing raisins.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Johannes said...

I have to say that, and this surprises me more than anyone, I have never been that crazy about Marvin.

That was good and all, but I mean come on...
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=PZXC1yDZm3w&feature=related

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home