Tuesday, June 10, 2008

100 Albums

Over at his blog, my friend "Dezmond" (I think I'm one of the last non-compensated bloggers to use my real name) has thrown down the gauntlet. He's counting down his favorite 100 records, five a week. It should be a fun ride. Dezmond and I have been exchanging absurdly detailed lists of favorite records, songs, and movies since Rob Fleming was just a gleam in Nick Hornby's eye. So, I cannot let this moment go unanswered. Soon, I'll begin my own installments. I've got 58 must-haves already, but there are 118 contenders for the 42 remaining slots. So I've got some whittling -- and then ordering -- to do.

For now, head over for Dezmond's first shot across the bow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dezmond said...

Thanks for the plug, JMW. Once you start your list, I'll do likewise. It is truly one of my favorite things in life to make these lists and then argue about them.

One quick correction, though: my current list is of my 100 Favorite ROCK/POP albums. So, it does not encompass jazz, blues, etc.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home