Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Wacky World of "Computers"

This is amazing. In the post below this one, my dad mentions David Susskind, so I tried to find a clip from his old talk show, ideally one that included Buckley. I failed. I did discover, though, this gem of a scene from the beginning of a TV special that Susskind hosted in the late '70s. There are about a dozen more clips of the program online, but I don't think I could handle that much entertainment in a short period of time. Maybe I'll watch one a month or something. Near the end of this brief intro, I think Susskind says that computers can "harmonize your wife." Am I wrong? And should I be looking into having people in my life "harmonized"?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Carlson said...

Plus, you can talk to someone on a terminal 30 miles away! Thank God for light pens.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home