Thursday, January 24, 2008

Gallery 10

"010" by Lewis McVey


Lewis is a friend of mine who has a terrific photo blog called Foster Park. This is one of the best pictures I've seen in a while. (Click to enlarge for a better look at the cop on the left's priceless expression.) Lewis' description of the shot is pretty great, too:
Officers of the law. New York’s finest. Less than amused. This is the only time I’ve ever tried this. I got the shot, kind of knew I got it, then a rush of adrenaline like oh shit these guys are gonna kill me. Sometimes, and only sometimes, this is a good time to smile. I smiled. They smiled like I can’t believe you just did that. Then they ignored me. Soon they were yukking it up about something the little guy did at the station house. The big guy kept poking at him, like he was trying to tickle him through the Kevlar. Funny.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home