Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stop! 1-900 Time!

A friend recently picked up a few old copies of Sassy magazine from someone's curb. Sassy was supposed to be the edgier alternative to Seventeen, et al. Flipping through the October 1990 issue, which featured Christian Slater on the cover, I came across this ad:


I love how it proclaims you "can keep in touch with" Mr. Hammer in this way. If leaving messages on some machine in a warehouse somewhere is considered keeping in touch, then hell, you could keep in touch with Abraham Lincoln's ghost just as easily. You also have to appreciate those unattributed blurbs. "I'm dialing..." And you are?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an odd approach for an ad.

YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS...

...JUST KIDDING, YES YOU CAN.

I know they're trying to build off the song or whatever, but why contradict yourself by the second line?

I've decided to not dial.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home