Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A Brief Foray Into the Tabloid Headlines

I hope it's obvious by now that this blog isn't preoccupied with celebrity news. If it was, I'm sure I'd have a lot more traffic. But I did want to take a minute to say that I hope Owen Wilson is doing ok after what appears to have been a recent suicide attempt. He grew up in Dallas, got kicked out of a private school where I later won a debate tournament, and I once briefly met him while he was shopping in the Borders I worked at after graduating from college. He's charming as hell on screen, and I think his writing ability helped make Bottle Rocket and Rushmore as good as they were (very, very good). His performance as Dignan in Bottle Rocket is one of my all-time favorites. So, I have about as much to say as most of us should about people we really don't know at all -- which is very little -- but I hope he's feeling better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home