Thursday, July 26, 2007

Homer, Not Harry

I haven't read a word of the Harry Potter books, so I'm not joining the rest of the known universe in responding to the finale. I don't have anything against the series (again, having not read a word), I'm just not interested.

I am quite eager for the Simpsons to hit the big screen, though, and I'm hoping to go early tomorrow and have something posted by the end of the day. In fact, there will be a few posts devoted to the show and the movie over the weekend. The first review I've seen is from The New York Sun, and even though it's mixed, I took comfort in this:
..."The Simpsons Movie" must tread a tricky path between satisfying an encyclopedically equipped fan base and a general audience. Even among devotees, there are several camps deeply dug in at different milestones along the 18-season spectrum. And the filmmakers implicitly stake a claim by drawing the staff of 11 writers from earlier eras of the show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

You've probably already checked this out, but it's fun, and if you haven't seen it, I thought I'd share.
http://www.simpsonizeme.com

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home